I’ve been pretty busy with work this summer, so I’ve had very limited free time to blog. I’m going to re-visit some of the things I talked about in my last “summer preview blog” (seen here).
I said that I’d make this “the summer of the rock”. Well, I failed this one. I’d planned on only drinking Rolling Rock beers all summer, but I ended up drinking the 12 pack I bought that day I wrote the blog and not a single one since. Nothing wrong with the beer, I just didn’t buy it again. Mostly Bud Lite’s all summer for me.
I didn’t eat nearly as much grilled steak as I anticipated, but i did master the art of grilling the the perfect burger, and smash burger. The smash patties is the best looking you’ll ever make, but it tastes exactly the same as my regular burger which is way easier to make. Stick with the normal burger with some secret sauce which I’ll talk about in a later blog, and you’ll have people at cookouts asking you what you did to make it so good. I always tell guys to do yourself a favor, and learn how to girll a few really good things (steak, chicken, burgers, etc.). Girls love it, and it will payoff tremendously in the long run.
Song of the summer
I hit the nail on the head with Despacito. That song was EVERYWHERE this summer. Every top 40 station, every bar, nightclub, restaurant, work place you name it. That was by far the song of the summer. Selena Gomez “it aint me” and DJ Khalid’s “the one” gave it a run, but it was Despacito that proved to be the song of the summer.
Basketball wrapped up.
Just as predicted. It was Warriors/Cavs, and the warriors smoked them like pretty much everyone knew they would. That’s sent the NBA into this weird world of everyone trying to build superteams just to compete. I’m going to bet Lebron ends up in Houston in a year from now with melo and CP3 for a banana boat reunion at the twilight of his career. You heard it here first.
My fidget spinner
I’ve never seen a fad fade faster than a fidget spinner. It was all the rage for like 2 weeks in the summer when everyone had one everywhere, and then it just died. Nobody cared about them anymore. I actually still enjoy mine spinning it when I’m bored at work, but that’s about it.
Things I did.
- I read a full book. I lost my list of books that I was interested in, so if you have any good recommendations, let me know.
- I perfected cooking a burger.
- I’ve been putting together an old record player, piece by piece from pawn shops.
- I became a Moscow mule guy, and perfected the drink.
- I went to 3 baseball games.
- I got a new pair of expensive sunglasses.
- I went on a quest to find the best local burger joint, and still haven’t found the best one after trying about 18 different burgers so far.
- I took a picture of 3 awesome sunsets.
- I became a “hot toddy” guy for about 2 months, and then I dropped it cold turkey to become a “Moscow mule guy” (see point 4).
- I watched a few netflix shows (stranger things, master of none, flaked, the office (again), shameless, archer). Some good. some not so much.
- I didn’t blog. Sorry guys.
- I mailed two hand written letters. One to the mom. One to the sister.
- I got a new iPhone battery and it’s a game changer. Phone used to die 2-3 times a day, and now it can last the whole day on 1 charge. Life is good.
- I got a sphere ice cube mold which I use to sip whisky at the end of a long day. It’s awesome, and makes me feel sophisticated.
Probably not the most productive summer to some of you readers, but to me, it’s all good. Fall is here now. Football season is about to start, the weather is about to turn crisp, hoodies and jackets are going to make their way out of the closet once again. The best time of the year is upon us.